You can do wonders for your body and health if you eat these 12 foods on a regular basis. Are you familiar with their benefits?
You already know how important good nutrition can be if you are reading this. I believe that you are what your body eats. This means that what you put into your body will determine how you look on the outside.
You will see a change in your appearance and health if you make an effort to improve the way you eat. But perfection is not the goal. You’ll be amazed at how much willpower you can develop by making small changes to your diet.
You should eat 12 different foods on a daily basis. Each food has its own health benefits, and you will notice a change in your health if your diet is based on the majority of these foods.
Here’s the complete list:
1. Almonds and other nuts are a great source for good fat.
2. The best source of protein and fiber is found in beans and legumes.
3. Spinach and other green veggies are a great source for phytonutrients as well as antioxidants.
4. Low-fat dairy products are a great source for calcium and protein.
5. Oatmeal is a great source for fiber and protein.
6. Eggs are a great source for vitamin E and protein.
7. Turkey and other lean meats are a great source for protein.
8. Natural peanut butter – Yes, you can include this under #1. However, natural peanut butter makes it easier to eat nuts because it can be spread on wheat breads, bananas and celery.
9. Olive oil – A great source of healthy fats.
10. Whole-grain breads, cereals, and other whole-grain products are a great source for fiber.
11. Additional protein- A great source of protein!
12. Raspberries and other fruits are a great source for antioxidants.
Each of the 12 foods listed above has a high nutritional content and should be included in your daily meals and snacks.
Personally, I bring my list to food shopping. You might also want to do the same.