The Nutribullet claims that it doesn’t just blend the ingredients together; rather, this machine breaks down all the ingredients to their most nutritious state, allowing your body to more easily absorb all of the important vitamins and minerals. However, does this really extract nutrition from food or is it just another fancy juicing gadget?
After watching the infomercial, researching online and reading dozens of user reviews, I decided to buy it for my family. I wanted to see for myself if this machine was the real deal or just another hyped up TV product.
At first, you might think this is just another compact sized juicer with the manufacturer trying to put a new spin on their machine. Heck, I was even thinking that at first when I was watching the infomercial. However, I realized afterwards, that this compact unit is really a hybrid and the next generation.
Many years ago, I bought a Ronco juicer and I can tell you first hand, what a pain in the butt it was to use. It was a decent machine. However, there were a couple of things that really bugged me. First, there was a lot of pulp leftover over in the collection bin. I knew as a professional cook, that we were leaving behind a lot of nutrients in the pulp. Second, the amount of time it took to clean up that machine – just plain sucked. You could easily spend 20 – 30 minutes from start to finish with that machine. Who has that kind of time nowadays with a busy family and career?
Whereas, with this machine, you can literally be done in 5 – 10 minutes max, including clean up. Check out this picture to the right. All you have to clean up is the extractor blade and container. You can do it by hand or just toss them in the dishwasher and you’re done.
If you decide to purchase it, you will find that the other key difference between a regular juicer and smoothie maker is the sheer amount of horsepower combined with the unique blade technology design. This allows you to quickly and easily pulverize anything into extremely small particles. The result, you get higher absorption of minerals, vitamins, and active enzymes into your body. Remember, nutrition is not just what you eat; rather it’s what your cells actually absorb.
Best Food Processor? Nutribullet NBR -12 – 12-Piece Hi-Speed Blender and Mixer System
- Easily pulverizes fruits, vegetables and seeds into super foods. Make your favorite tasting drink or smoothie.
- The NB can also make soups, desserts, dressings etc.
- The NB completely breaks down your favorite foods and ingredients into an absorptive and nutritious state
- The high torque power base with 600 watts of power really surprised me when I first used it
- A patented new blade design with cyclonic action that works to extract all the nutrients from your food.
- Comes with 1 power base, 2 short cups, 1 tall cup, 1 flat blade and 1 emulsifying blade, 2 re-sealable lids, pocket nutritionist and manual with recipes
- More power and capacity – 10,000 RPM
- BPA Free – Non Toxic Plastic
The only issue that I’ve personally come across online in reading all the reviews, some people complained about leakage. Look, I will make this as simple as I can without offending anyone – Don’t Overfill past the Max line that is clearly marked on the mixing containers. As well, screw the extractor blade on firmly. Otherwise, you should be good to go.
Here’s a Quick Start Guide Using the Nutribullet Machine
Check Out Some Nutribullet Recipes
This is really the fun part for me because you can use either the recipes that come with your purchase or try experimenting yourself. Literally, you can make thousands of different recipes. Some will taste great, while other times, you will need to tweak your ingredients. One tip that helped me, if you find it just a tab bitter, try adding ½ of an apple or a few slices of pineapple.
One of my favorite healthy morning Nutriblasts includes the following:
- Your favorite protein powder (vanilla works best)
- ½ cup of raspberries or strawberries or blueberries
- 2 tablespoons of organic hemp seed
- 1 – 2 tablespoons of holy crap breakfast cereal (yup that’s the name)
- Add filtered water to the max fill line
Afternoon or Evening Recipe – I like to include 1 green smoothie or drink per day. I do try for 2 depending on what I’m doing.
- A handful of organic baby spinach, kale, arugula
- ½ Avocado
- Handful of cashews, pumpkin seeds and almonds
- Extra – add 1 – 2 Tablespoons of organic hemp seed
- Add filtered water to max fill line
Those are just 2 recipes that you can try out. You are only limited by your imagination. Many times when I come home later in the evening from work, instead of having a heavy meal, I will opt for 1 of the above recipes. It’s quick to make, healthy and nutritious.
The other tip to ensure you have a great experience is to have the right ingredients prior to starting. For example, at the beginning of the week I will buy the following for making green drinks and smoothies. A container of organic baby spinach, kale, arugula and other mixed greens. That way, I will have enough food on hand for the week, plus to make my delicious salads. As well, I buy organic walnut, almonds and pumpkin seeds. You won’t have to usually buy these each week. I find they will last 2 to 3 weeks depending on the various recipes and salads.
After using this machine personally for the past 2 years, I can honestly say it was one of the best decisions for my family. It works exactly as advertised. Whether you are in the market for the best smoothie blender or smoothie maker, check out all the reviews and customer comments here.
To date, my husband has lost around 10 pounds and feels much better overall.
OK, so here’s a quick recap of the main pluses..
- Cleanup – simple and super fast
- Power – no problem here with 600 watts
- Quality – durable and designed to last
- Recipes – limited only by your imagination
- It really does pulverize everything, including seeds
- Compact and super easy to use
Nutribullet vs Magic Bullet
One thing I do want to clear up is the misconception and sometimes the confusion between this machine and the name magic bullet. Is the magic bullet the same as the nutribullet? In one word – no. The reason you see the name on the bottom of the base, is because they are the main brand name for all these products.
If you are looking for an easy way to incorporate healthy foods into your diet, lose some weight, increase your energy levels and feel better, then buy the nutribullet today.