Having worked years in various commercial places, including a hotel kitchen, I can tell you that having access to a hand held immersion blender is one of your best friends in the kitchen. They are quite popular for a good reason. Many times while making something at home for my family, I only have 1 or 2 things to puree or chop up.
Rather than pulled out my large blender, I just grab this small handheld blender and I’m done in just a couple of minutes. That’s why having one of these makes so much sense. You can quickly make your favorite soups, sauces, protein shakes, and even smoothies.
When it comes to my home, I keep my hand held blender close by, especially in the winter time to make a variety of soups. Depending on what your needs are you can usually find a suitable one below $100. In most cases, you will find a good quality one for under 50 dollars.
As you do your own research, you will find there is a huge variety in the market place and many of them will be fine for your needs.
Best Immersion Blender Tips
Generally speaking, there are a few things that I personally keep in mind when looking at an immersion or handheld blender.
- The size and rating of the motor
- Ergonomic design to ensure its comfortable to use
- Quality – What are the components made of?
- Sharpe and sturdy stainless steel blades
- Dishwasher safe and easy to clean
- How long is the warranty?
- Company brand and reputation
- Ensure it has a quiet operation
- Quality over price
One brand and model that I researched extensively is the Cuisinart CSB SmartStick Immersion Hand Blender. Based on the quality, design and overall customer satisfaction, this particular model scored in my top 3 hand held blenders.
My Cuisinart Immersion Blender Review
Features and Benefits
- On/Off One Touch Button: All you need to do to operate this handheld blender is with the touch of a button. You can toggle or switch to pulse or blend. Once you release the button, the unit will stop
- Blade: provides smooth blending and has a protective guard to prevent splattering
- Motor: Comes with a 200 watt powerful motor
- Ergonomic Handle for Comfort: The handle design helps you control this blender with ease.
- Detachable Shaft: Easy to clean by simply pressing the release button on the back of the device
- Stainless Steel Blade with Guard Blending Attachment: Easily attach your blade shaft into the motor body housing. The blade is also partially covered, reducing splashes to a minimum
- Mixing Beaker: Comes with a two cup mixing beaker, which is dishwasher and microwave safe. You can use this beaker to blend and mix shakes, drinks, sauces, salad dressings and much more. Ergonomically designed for easy gripping and pouring.
- Measurements – 3 x 3 x 14-1/8 inches;
- Warrant:– 3-year limited warranty
I will add an important point here. Whenever I look for a new kitchen appliance to add to my kitchen, the most important thing for me comes down to quality. Even if something costs a bit more up front, I will opt for the higher priced item for long term durability. The last thing that you want to have happen is buying a cheap alternative and within a few months, you find yourself buying another of the same kitchen item. Fortunately in this case, the Cuisinart is not an expensive item.
Overall, this is a quality immersion blender that is priced right and comes in a variety of colors.