The Breville BKC700XL Gourmet Single-Serve Coffeemaker with Iced-Beverage Function could win first prize in the single serve coffeemaker beauty contest, but other than the stylish design, is it worth the hefty price tag? The Breville BKC700XL provides some cutting edge single serve technology that may place it squarely at the forefront of the market.
Let’s go over what you are going to get with this machine.
Breville Gourmet Single-Serve Features:
- Patented Showerhead Technology- showerhead technology is not a new concept to standard coffeemakers; most of them currently have it. But single serve coffee makers are a different story. The “showerhead technology” evenly sprays the water over the coffee grounds in the K-cup to deliver the best possible flavor from your coffee.
- Quiet Pump Technology- older models of the BKC700XL were compared to freight trains and airplanes taking off in the kitchen. The new quiet pump technology is a welcome feature with the newer models, especially if you have young children in the house.
- Five Brew Strengths- this is a nice option to have so that you can customize the strength based on the drink you are making, or for the person it is made for. You might prefer a stronger cappuccino, and a lighter regular coffee.
- Blue LCD screen- the control panel on the BKC700XL looks like the latest modern technology. It has the standard programmable clock, power button, temperature control, and the brew strength control, and an iced drink function.
- Removable Water Tank- the large 60 oz. tank is removable for easy cleaning.
- Water Filter- The BKC700XL comes with a water filter so that you can be sure to have the cleanest water possible for your drinks. When there are impurities in your water, your coffee flavor is negatively affected.
- Free K-Cup Sampler- You will get a variety sample pack of K-cup pods, so you can start figuring out which coffee pods you prefer.
- Free My K-Cup- You will also receive a free My K-Cup that you can use as a filter for your own coffee or espresso grounds. This option will give you a ton of versatility, and free you from K-cup bondage.
- 10 x 13.2 x 13 inches- The BKC700XL fits nicely under your cabinets. This is not the smallest single serve machine on the market, but it certainly is not the largest, it’s a good in between size.
Now that we have gone over the features of the Breville BKC700XL, let’s go over the pros and cons.
Breville BKC700XL Pros:
- Cutting Edge Technology- The new Quiet Pump Technology keeps the new machines from sounding like a noisy coffee house. Breville did a great job listening to their customers with this new feature. The BKC700XL also features a patented showerhead drip system for the very best tasting cup of coffee via a single serve machine.
- Compatibility- The BKC700XL is compatible with K-cup coffee pods, other coffee capsules, and also the My K-cup filter. This gives you more options when looking for the perfect coffee capsule for your taste buds.
- Ultra Modern Look- The BKC700XL is probably one of the most modern looking single serve coffee maker on the market currently.
- Built In Water Filter- Filtered water makes the very best coffee. Now, you don’t have to worry about it, just pour your water in, and rest assured that it is filtered before your coffee is made.
Breville BKC700XL Cons
- Ultra Modern Look- This is both a pro and a con. If you have a modern-looking kitchen, this single serve machine will look right at home. However, if you have classic or traditional décor, this machine is going to stick out like a sore thumb.
- Cost- The BKC700XL is one of the more expensive single serve coffee makers, almost twice as much as comparable models in other brands.
In conclusion, this is one option for single serve coffee makers. Although its priced higher than many coffee makers you are used to owning, it does have a number of pros for this machine.