I started researching the Breville Barista Express BES860XL because of the lines…If you ever stood in line for an espresso, and waited for what seemed like an eternity for the customer in front of you to order their special order latte’, then like myself, you may be ready to search for an Espresso maker for your own home.
As a parent of small children, an espresso is never unwelcome when you have gone days on little to no sleep. Finding the perfect espresso maker for personal use can be a daunting task, when there are so many options to choose from.
When researching different espresso makers I came across the Breville Barista Express BES860XL.
What makes the Breville Barista Express so great?
The Breville Barista Express takes you to an Italian cafe without ever having to leave your home. You don’t need to be a professional barista to operate this lovely coffee machine. Measuring 11.5in by 14.5 inches by 13.2 inches it will fit nicely on your countertop, making a stylish addition, that delivers Italy in a cup.
- Integrated conical bar and dosing control-takes your espresso beans and delivers that prized golden crema in just about a minute. This sure beats waiting in line at your local café.
- Non-pressurized café style single-walled filters-allow you to experiment with the grind size, the grind amount, and to explore the art of tamping. Before you know it, you will have found the perfect settings to suit your personal style.
- Pressurized dual-walled filters-aids even the newest beginner by delivering the perfect crèma every time.
- Integrated barrel with magnetized lock-allows you to tamp to your style and liking while attached to the counter or to the machine.
- Sealed 8 oz. capacity bean hopper-allows for plenty of storage for your favorite coffee beans.
- 15 bar Italian designed Thermoblock pump-to help create the perfect café style beverage.
- Removable 67oz water tank with water filtration system-plenty of clean water for multiple coffee beverages. The removable tank makes refilling and cleaning the tank simple.
- Programmable or manual settings-leaves you a lot of choices in setting your coffee machine to your liking.
Let’s go over the Breville Barista’s Pro’s and Cons.
- The packaging-It may sound like such a simple thing, but the easy to follow instructions and the getting started guide were invaluable. Even removing the Breville Barista Express from the box was simple.
- The Tamper-is magnetic. You can choose to use it, or choose to remove it and do your tamping manually.
- Dry Puck feature– No wet, messy pucks! Simply use the “dry puck feature” and your espresso grounds will be turned into a neat, tight, dry puck.
- Excellent burr grinder-gives you a wide range of control. Choose how fine you want your beans ground. It comes apart for easy cleaning.
- Choice between single and dual walled filters-allows everyone to experience great beverages no matter what their proficiency level. The dual walled filters should be considered an espresso maker’s training wheels. If you are a beginner, start with the dual walled filters, and once you are comfortable, move up to the single walled filters.
- Produces excellent steam temperature and pressure.
- Hide away tray-for storage
- Design and style-classy and sleek Italian design.
- The Barista Express makes a GREAT coffee beverage. And the fact that both beginner and experienced espresso lovers can both operate this machine proficiently is a major bonus.
- Coffee temperature-Some customers have stated they wish that the water temperature was a few degrees hotter. There is no function that allows you to change the temperature of the water.
This classy, well-engineered machine is a great addition to any kitchen. It’s worth putting on your list of small appliances to purchase for your luxury kitchen.